Saturday, April 14, 2012

In Memory of Tim B.

My offer to the families associated with the Bridge Rail Foundation to make memory bracelets and buttons  to honor their lost angels during the AFSP Overnight Walk was soon extended out to all of those whose have lost someone to suicide and would like me to walk in their memory. 

A very dear friend of mine who has always supported my participation in the AFSP Community Walks is also generously supporting me in the “Overnight Walk” and asked that I walk in memory of her co-worker’s son.  In order to protect the family’s privacy, she asked that I not use his last name.

I've been trying to personalize the memory bracelets in some small way, even though other than Larry, I've never personally met them.  So without being too invasive, I've asked survivors what their angel's favorite color was and have picked up on a small sense of who they were from the words spoken about them.  When I asked my friend if she knew what Tim’s favorite color was, she wasn’t sure.  She suggested using red in the bracelet.  She remembers Tim's personality as very bold and bright… much like the color red.  I added a little “owl” charm to Tim’s bracelet to represent my friend’s love for her co-worker and his family and for their angel “Tim”.  Just as I have a love of butterflies… she has a love of owls.  These beautiful winged creatures are so majestic and spiritual in nature, it seems appropriate to use them in the bracelets.

To my friend, Tim’s family and friends… thank you for allowing me the honor to walk in Tim’s memory.

1 comment:

  1. LeAnn, you are amazing. Thank you so much for what you are doing. We lost Tim a little over 2 years ago. There are so many reminders of him that he is always in a corner of my mind. Sending you hugs.

    ReplyDelete