Tuesday, April 10, 2012

In Memory of Larry Collins

Lawrence Craig Collins
aka Larry "Sizzlemaster" Collins
April 10, 1967 - July 26, 2007

Love's Intoxicating Scent
Alone in the dark I cry myself to sleep,
praying that this night I will feel your strong,
yet gentle hand touch my now tear-stained cheek.
I bury my face in your pillow, wanting so
desperately to smell your intoxicating scent.
I’m inhaling but cannot find you there.
Maybe this is God’s way of keeping me alive,
for if I were to find you there, I would never exhale,
for fear of losing you again.
  by LeAnn Wooldridge 8/20/07

Dear Larry

While I no longer cry myself to sleep... I still desperately want to smell your scent, see your smile, feel your hand on my cheek.  I hope that you are smiling down upon me and that you are proud of who I've become as a result of having you come into my life unexpectedly and out of it so abruptly.

You often nagged me about believing in something with all of my heart and not just talking about it, but putting it into action. Your nagging paid off.  As a result of you being part of my life, without even realizing just how much of an impact that you were having on me, I grew up!  Yes... it took me over 40 years to get there, but I'm here now and have no plans of turning back.

So now I will not only walk in your memory, but in memory of so many others who were lost and couldn't find their way.  I walk to help raise funds needed to bring awareness to depression, mental illness, suicide and its prevention.  Too many wonderful souls gone from our lives, with so much to offer the world. I'd like to believe that even though I couldn't save you... I can make a small difference and maybe help save others.

Thank you for letting me into your life and your world for the eight years that you did.  You were a good teacher, man, lover and friend.

Your essence is still alive, as part of you lives on in me and in who I am today.  Happy 45th... where ever you are! xoxo

Loving you always,
LeAnn






1 comment:

  1. LeAnn I simply wanted to wish you well, and that I hope your experience at The Overnight is a positive one, a healing one.

    I lost my father to suicide in '98, and attended the Overnight in NYC last year. If I learned anything from that experience, it's that while the loss of a loved one is so deeply personal and unique, there's something still comforting in being with people who understand.

    I'm terribly sorry for your loss, and even though I don't know you, I'm also very proud of you. Taking this journey is an admirable thing, and I wish you the best :0)

    ReplyDelete